JOSEPH M. MORRILL
Joe Morrill is the founder of Morrill Law. With more than 20 years of experience as a litigator, he focuses on cases involving will and trust disputes, financial elder abuse, fraud, conservatorships, and related claims. He represents private professional fiduciaries, trustees, executors, agents under durable powers of attorney, conservators, and other fiduciaries, trust beneficiaries, heirs, nursing homes, elders, and the family members or friends of elders.
Joe’s extensive trial experience includes both bench and jury trials. He has obtained multiple defense verdicts representing trustees against actions contesting trusts alleging lack of capacity, undue influence, breach of fiduciary duty, fiduciary accountings, and financial elder abuse. He has obtained jury and bench verdicts, judgments, and elder abuse writs of attachment representing beneficiaries, elders, and other interested persons. Joe routinely appears for hearings and motions, and is well-versed in all aspects of discovery, including expert witnesses.
A certified mediator, Joe has substantial experience in settlement negotiation and mediation, and serves on the Contra Costa Superior Court Alternative Dispute Resolution Panel of Neutrals.
- J.D., Santa Clara University School of Law
- B.A., Political Science, University of California at Santa Barbara
State of California
Honors & Recognitions
- Board Member, Contra Costa County Bar Association Elder Law Section
- Board Member, Contra Costa Senior Legal Services
- Board Member, Contra Costa County Bar Association Estate Planning and Probate Section
- Former President, Contra Costa County Bar Association Elder Law Section Contra Costa County Bar Association Litigation Section
- Contra Costa County Bar Association Elder Law Section
- Contra Costa County Bar Association Estate Planning and Probate Section
- Contra Costa County Bar Association Alternative Dispute Resolution Section
- Estate Planning Council of Diablo Valley East Bay Trusts and Estates Lawyers
Publications & Presentations
View a complete list of presentations by clicking here.