LARA HEISLEROF COUNSEL
Lara Heisler focuses her practice on probate, guardianship and conservatorship litigation. For more than 12 years, Lara has represented minors, conservatees, guardians and conservators, in multiple guardianship and conservatorship cases, from discovery through bench trial. She previously practiced in the areas of general civil litigation and criminal defense.
Over the course of the past 10 years, Lara has provided a variety of volunteer services for the Contra Costa County Superior Court and Alameda County Probate Court. In Contra Costa County, she was hired to train Family Law Facilitators in the area of guardianship and conservatorship law. As a board member of the Contra Costa Criminal Conflicts Panel, she acts as a voice for probate attorneys who serve as court-appointed counsel for conservatees and minors.
- J.D., University of San Francisco School of Law, 1996
- B.A., Literature/Writing, University of California, San Diego, 1992
- State of California
- State of New York
Board member, Contra Costa Criminal Conflicts Panel
Publications & Presentations
- Co-update author, Chapter 2: “Alternatives to Probate Guardianship” and Chapter 5: “Starting Guardianship Proceedings,” CEB California Guardianship Practice, January 2018.
- Update author, Chapter 8: “Advance Health Care Directives: Complete Forms and Related Documents,” CEB California Powers of Attorney and Health Care Directives, October 2017.
- Lecturer, “Role of Minor’s Counsel,” Center For Human Development, and trainer for volunteer guardianship mediators, 2007.